Qatar Airways Pet Policy: Qatar Airways offers special care for your pet to enjoy while traveling. The company’s pet policy complies with global airline travel standards, allowing dogs, cats and birds to be carried on board as checked baggage, whether on the same trip or multiple trips.
We will examine the crucial rules, guidelines, and procedures for taking dogs in the cabin or as checked luggage in this thorough guide. We will also give insights into the associated costs and fees for pet travel, giving a comprehensive overview of all pertinent data.
What is Qatar Airways Pet Policy For In-Cabin Travel?
|Accepted Pets in Cabin
|Combined Weight of Pet and Container
|Not exceeding 8 kg
|Check-in for Qatar Airways must be done no later than two hours prior to departure.
|Limit per Passenger
|Only 1 pet allowed per passenger
|Pets must be at least 8 weeks old
|Maximum Falcons per Aircraft
|Up to 6 pets allowed on each aircraft
|Restricted Travel Route
|Falcons are not permitted to travel to and from Tunis
|Cats and dogs are not allowed to travel on board with passengers
|Qatar Airways Pet in Cabin Fee
|The fee for bringing falcons on Qatar Airways varies from 115 to 630 USD, depending on the route. Below is an overview:
From (Vertical) / To (Horizontal)
|Australia; New Zealand; Japan; South Korea
|The Middle East; Indian sub-continent
|Note: Service animals are allowed in the cabin at no cost.
Exceptions to the pet travel policy of Qatar Airways:
- Service animals are now free of charge and passengers with disabilities are now able to bring their service animals on board.
Book a room:
- After making your reservation, get in touch with Qatar Airways directly to let them know you’ll be bringing a pet along for the flight.
- Pay the appropriate pet travel cost to Qatar Airways.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt for your travel.
- On the day of your trip, get to the airport up to three hours prior to departure, fill out all required papers, and get your boarding card.
Pet Carrier: If the container is too small, Qatar Airways may refuse to transport the animal. Make sure that the kennel or travel container has food and water. Please be aware that the dimensions for in-cabin pet travel are not specified; for the most up-to-date information, contact Qatar Airways Customer Service.
Documentation Required: Typically, the following documentation is required for falconry trips on Qatar Airways:
- Obtain the required falconry license.
- A falcon’s health certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian.
You could need CITES permission if your falcon is an endangered or protected species member.
Document requirements are subject to change, so we recommend contacting Qatar Airways Customer Service for the latest and most accurate information.
What are the Checked Luggage Pet Travel Guidelines on Qatar Airways?
Pets such as dogs, cats and birds are allowed as checked baggage on Qatar Airways as long as they comply with the airline’s health and safety regulations. again and again:
- On some routes, service animals are welcome to travel for free in the cabin.
- On Qatar Airways, falcons are subject to the same pet travel costs as other animals.
- Qatar Airways prohibits the transfer of animals from one flight to another.
- The CDC has temporarily banned the importation of dogs from countries with a high rabies risk assessment. The CDC website contains a wealth of knowledge. Effective September 28, 2022, commercial dogs from countries with a high risk of rabies will no longer be allowed into Canada.
Due to local laws, Qatar Airways does not accept animals as checked luggage for travel to or from Australia. Keep in mind that animals can only be carried to Australia through Melbourne (MEL). Use the provided phone numbers or email PEQservices@agriculture.gov.au to get in touch with Post Entry Quarantine Services.
Domestic dogs, cats, and birds that are not aggressive can generally be checked as luggage.
- The combined weight of the pet and the carrier cannot be more than 8 kg, and it must not exceed the maximum allowed per passenger.
- Specific dimensions must be met by pet carriers: 40 x 25 x 23 cm.
- The age of pets must be at least 12 weeks.
- Breeds of dogs and cats susceptible to heat stroke at temperatures higher than 21 °C are prohibited.
The price for pet travel on Qatar Airways as checked baggage varies depending on the size, weight, and kind of carrier used for the animal. Animals that exceed the permitted size and weight limits are transported as cargo for a fee that ranges from USD 200 to USD 450.
Passengers can request pet travel while making a reservation, either online or over the phone. It is best to get in touch with Qatar Airways immediately to make sure you have all the required paperwork, payments, and prerequisites.
Is it possible to transport animals as cargo with Qatar Airways?
According to Qatar Airways pet policy, larger animals that weigh more than 75 kg and are longer than 300 cm may be transported as cargo. Qatar Airways Cargo manages a facility for live animals that includes a feeding supply. Travelers need to be aware of the following significant details:
- Amphibians, birds, crustaceans, fish, mammals, and reptiles are just a few of the many animals that Qatar Airways is able to transport.
- It is possible to group several pets under a single master air waybill.
- Passengers are required to supply appropriate food that is attached to the container and specific feeding instructions.
- The Doha hub team must give its approval before giving medication to cats or dogs.
- One container can hold two adult animals that are compatible in size and temperament.
- Exotic animals are treated differently during transportation, and specific spaces with giant fans and water are provided for them.
- For tropical fish and some other species, oxygen cylinders and re-oxygenation units are available upon request.
- Animals prohibited from booking on Qatar Airways include animals under 12 weeks of age transported for research purposes, pigs, gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, bonobos, whales, dolphins, porpoises, killer whales, exotic breeds and Persians. There are cats, etc. Additionally prohibited are some dog breeds.
Amphibians, birds, crabs, fish, invertebrates, mammals, and reptiles are among the accepted pet species.
Live animals must be transported in compliant containers that adhere to IATA Live Animals Regulations. Consult the kennel calculator page on the Qatar Airways website for details on the pet carriers that Qatar Airways has certified for use during cargo flights. You can view the airline’s suggested pet kennel information by entering the dimensions of your pet.
Contact Qatar Airways Sales and Reservations at the airport of departure with questions concerning pet costs. Visit the appropriate contact details page on the airline’s website if you are phoning from a country other than Qatar.
How does Q.A. facilitate the travel of service dogs or emotional support animals?
Due to airline pet regulations, Qatar Airways flights allow up to two pets per passenger. The following rules are also included in the policy:
- Service animals are required to be specifically trained dogs to aid disabled passengers.
- There is special paperwork that passengers travelling to and from the USA must complete.
- Service dogs must be restrained, harnessed, leashed, tethered, or confined at the airport and throughout the trip.
- Animals belonging to passengers must have access to food and water.
- Pet reservations can only be made up to 48 hours prior to departure time. Check-in at airport can be completed up to 1 hour before departure, but online check-in is also possible.
- In accordance with Qatar Airways’ Emotional Support Animal policy, there is no weight restriction.
Service dogs and emotional support animals (ESAs) are permitted on Qatar Airways flights to the following nations:
USA, E.U., Switzerland, India, the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Georgia, Australia, and Norway.
Passengers must have the health records and certifications that the destination country requires in order to travel. Both the U.S. Department of Transportation Service Animal Relief Attestation form and the U.S. Travelers to and from the United States must complete the Department of Transportation’s Service Animal Air Transport Form. . According to Qatar Airways’ pet policy, travellers must also present evidence that the dog is a service or emotional support animal.
The accompanying dog must also be a service dog, adequately trained, and at least four months old at the time of booking or airport check-in, according to Qatar Airways’ pet reservation policy.
The service dog must be large enough to accompany the passenger during the flight and sit on the passenger’s lap or under the leg.
Making a reservation for a pet on Qatar Airways: Follow these procedures to make a reservation for a pet on Qatar Airways:
- For details on eligibility, carrier requirements, and travel documentation, visit Qatar Airways’ website on pet travel policies.
- Use the supplied contact link to start a chat or give Qatar Airways pet reservations a call.
Qatar Airways recognizes the need to accommodate puppy owners and is also committed to animal welfare and criminal compliance. Their pet policy covers a variety of areas of pet transportation, such as checked baggage or cargo, the inclusion of service dogs and emotional support animals in the cabin, rules for pet carriers and necessary paperwork.
The Qatar Airways pet travel service does not accept some domestic dog and cat breeds that are unable to maintain an average body temperature and are consequently more susceptible to heat stroke and breathing issues. These breeds consist of:
1) Shirazi, Persian, and exotic cats.
2) Most snub-nosed dogs are pure breeds, including the Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and Bulldog.
Passengers may check their caged, tamed pets as excess baggage if they decide to travel on the same flight.
All other animals and livestock must be transported as cargo. For more information on the transport of cattle, tropical fish, small mammals, and birds, get in touch with your neighborhood Qatar Airways pet cargo office or visit qrcargo.com. Qatar Airways may charge for pet travel.
Standard excess baggage charges apply to dogs traveling as excess baggage, regardless of whether they have exhausted their baggage allowance. Up to a combined weight of 32 kg for the animal and crate, prices are per container.
No. The traveller is responsible for providing their pet with enough food and water for the journey. However, if there is a longer-than-3-hour layover, the airline crew will look after your pet by providing food and fresh water.
Related Article: Qatar Airways Manage Booking.