Here in this blog you will learn all about Emirates name correction policy. Have you accidentally misspelt your name while making an Emirates Airlines booking and now you’re looking out for some appropriate solutions? If so then you need not worry at all as you still get to travel on your ticket you only need to adhere to the Emirates name correction policy. Furthermore, you would not need to cancel your existing reservation; you just need to claim a refund and then book a new flight using the correct name.
Emirates Name Correction Policy
If there is an error in your ticket name then you should know that you can request Emirates name correction requests on the current flight booking. But before this, you must understand the guidelines of Emirates change passenger name policy.
Some Important Points To Remember While Changing A Name On An Emirates Flight Ticket
- You need to keep this mind that the Emirates name correction request allows you to correct up to 4 characters only on the first, middle or last name.
- According to the name change policy, the airline will not allow the swapping of passengers on the ticket. This means that Emirates Airlines will not permit the change in ownership of the ticket. Therefore in circumstances such as this, the passengers will need to cancel their existing flight booking, process a refund on the booking value and after that rebook the same light itinerary with the correct name.
- The name change policy allows the passengers to swap their first name or last name under legal considerations like marriage, legal name change or divorce.
- As soon as the name change on the flight ticket is process you will have the correct name sent for the issuance on the existing PNR. You need to also know that a name change fee alongside the applicable fare difference will also be assessed.
- When the name correction request is complete then the passengers would require completing the flight check-in and also choose the seats again. You must know that as per the policy, it is not possible to swap the seats between the old and new PNR.
- All the flight segments that are associate with the incorrect name will need to be cancel before the schedule departure so that you avoid a no-show and also get to claim a full refund on the unused ticket.
- This is important for you to know that the name on the ticket must match exactly as it appears on the official document such as passport or driver’s license. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to board the Emirates flight if there’s a mismatch in your name.
What is the process to change the name on an Emirates ticket?
You are allowed to request Emirates name correction online and also over a phone call. Below you will find the method on how to change your name on your Emirates ticket online.
- First of all, you will need to visit Emirates.com and then you must navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section. Next, you should enter the six-digit booking reference and the last name of the passenger to retrieve the booking.
- After that, you got to click on the ‘Emirates name correction’ option to proceed.
- You must now make sure that you enter the correct name of the passenger just as it shows on the government-issued IDs. You also need to note that the name on the ticket must match the same as it appears on your documents.
- Now at the checkout page, you will need to pay the required name change fee also with any added fare difference if applicable. And when the name correction is completed then your booking will be sent to the sender for issuance in the same manner or higher class of service, this is subject to availability.
- Lastly, when the Emirates name correction has been complete then you would receive the new e-ticket along with the correct name on your register email address within 4 hours.
The following is the process to change your name via a phone call:
- Here you just need to dial the Emirates name correction phone number and then wait for the flight executive to get in touch with you.
- You must now provide Emirates Airlines with the reservation credentials and then ask the agent to correct the name on your booking.
- You need to keep in mind that you are only allow to correct up to 4 characters off your name whether it’s the first, middle, or last name.
- Next, the flight executive will then add the correct name of the passenger and they will need some government-issued ID for validation.
Q1. Is it possible to change a passenger’s name on the Emirates ticket?
Answer:- Yes, you definitely can change a passenger’s name on an Emirates ticket however, as per the name correction policy you can only correct up to 4 characters on the first, middle, or last name. Additionally, you must keep in mind that the 4 character cannot be misunderstood as each first, middle, or last name. Furthermore, you are not allow to swap your first name or last name under legal considerations like marriage, legal name etc.
Q2. Does it cost for making an Emirates Airlines name change?
Answer:- Yes, if the name change is beyond 24 hours from the date of booking then the passenger are allow to apply for the Emirates name change/correction where you will be ask to pay the name change fee. The fee usually is between 200 – 250 USD; this varies with the ticket type and also the class of service that you book.
Q3. Is it possible to change names on the flight ticket within 24 hours of booking?
Answer:- Yes, definitely you can change/correct the name on your reservation within 24 hours of the date of purchase of your ticket. But you would need to pay the Emirates flight name change fee. And there would also be a fare difference applicable as your ticket would need to be reissue on the same or higher class of service according to the availability.
Now you must have finished reading this article, therefore, we hope that this was useful to you and you are now able to make changes to Emirates’ incorrect name on your ticket. Nevertheless, if you need any further guidance or assistance related to anything then you can always reach out to the efficient team right here. Need Help Call our Airline Help Number +1-888-814-2373 or chat with our Travels Agents.