Are you feeling troubled not being able to use your Air Canada flight ticket due to a misspelt name? If so then you need not feel the same anymore as with Air Canada name correction policy you can easily correct the name for a fee. Additionally, in this blog, as you read along you will find all the options that are offer under the ‘Air Canada change name on ticket guidelines.
Air Canada name correction policy
Now before you begin with the details you should also know some important considerations for changing a name on an Air Canada ticket
- Firstly, in case of multiple flights, you know that the name corrections can only be request on the Air Canada flight segment. And correct a name on a ticket can only be request on the code-share and interline agreement flight partners.
- Next, keep in mind that the flight must be operate by Air Canada and the ticket inventory must be 014.
- The name correction is to be consider as re-issuance in the same class and the change fee along with other fare differences would be applicable as well.
- If it is a case of requesting a name change on a reservation then you should know that no changes would be permit to alter the flight date, time or destination. And also there would be no changes allow to alter the date of birth and gender of the passenger.
- You need to keep in mind that only minor corrections will be allow to the date of birth or gender if the errors are made at the time of booking.
- There are only minor correction that are up to 3 character that are allow to process the name correction on a ticket along with a fee.
- The Air Canada name change policy also include name correction or change per passenger. Otherwise, any other changes apart from the name will not be cover under the Air Canada correction policy.
How to change the name on the reservation within 24 hours?
Well, if you would like to request Air Canada to change the name on the ticket, then you would need to cancel the reservation within 24 hours o booking and then you should rebook it again. Although, there may be a possibility that you might get the same fare as you originally booked your ticket.
Below you will find the options to change your name on Air Canada ticket:
Air Canada Name correction through phone call – Now if you have a reservation booked within 24 hours of purchase then all you would need to do is pay the name correction fee of about 110 USD after which the agents will rebook the flights for you in the same manner fare class without you even having to be liable for any other fare difference or taxes.
Name correction online – you can either choose to call Air Canada’s name correction phone number +1-888-814-2373/ +1-800-504-6979 to create a new booking with the correct name. And with the name change within 24 hours of issuance then the ticket will be voided without any cancellation fee and the new PNR would be create according to the availability. Now if it is not available in the lower class then the new PNR will be create in the higher class of service. Therefore you would be liable for the name change fee along with the fare difference if applicable.
How to change a misspelt name on a flight ticket?
You should know that the latest name corrections policy has been revise by Air Canada on itineraries these revise policies include all the flight segments that are with other airlines by introducing a procedure where the original tickets can easily be refund for less than a 200 USD as per Air Canada name correction policy fee and tax. But you need to know that there are no change in the rules or regulation that are in association with the name change policy on the 014 ticket inventory where segments of flights are to be operated only by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or Air Canada Express.
How to change a passenger’s name online
Follow the steps below to change a passenger on Air Canada online:
- You would need to visit aircanada.com and then navigate to the ‘Manage Reservation’ section.
- After that, you must enter the six-digit reference code or 13-digit ticket number along with the last name of the passenger.
- Furthermore, on the next page, you should see a name correction bar for the passengers that you would like to change/correct the name. According to Air Canada’s name change policy, the name on the ticket should match exactly as it appears on the government-issued ID.
- Now to be able to correct the name, only changing the name up to 3 characters are allow. So the passenger must attach a soft copy of the government-issued photo ID for validation.
- When that is done you will surely be ask to pay the Air Canada name correction fee of 200 USD and the passengers will be liable for a fare difference if any is found applicable.
- Now once the payment is made the passengers will receive the Air Canada name correction confirmation within 24 hours of placing the request.
Change a passenger’s name via phone:
- For this, you would need to first dial Air Canada to change your phone number and then you must wait for the representative to get connect. You now need to provide your six-digit reference code or 13-digit ticket number to access your booking details.
- And then you should ask the agent to correct the name, you would also need to submit a soft copy of your passport or any other government-issue photo ID for verification.
- And now you will be ask to pay the name correction fee of 200 USD as well as the passengers will be liable for a fare difference.
- Then when the payment is done the passenger will receive the name correction confirmation within 24 hours after the request is place.
Answer:- According to Air Canada’s name change policy the name on the ticket should march exactly as it appears on official documents. And to be able to correct the name you are only allow to change up to 3 characters. Keep in mind that the passengers will need to submit a soft copy o the government-issued photo ID.
Answer:- Well you can easily correct the name of the passenger via Air Canada online booking portal and also through the phone number. You should also note that the passengers would be completely liable to pay the name correction fee of 200 USD along with the difference fare if applicable. And the passengers would be rebook on the same fare class according to availability.
Answer:- You would receive the name correction confirmation within 24 hours from when you placed the request. You must keep in mind that you are only allow to request name correction up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
Answer:- Well, you should know that Air Canada permits the name correction for international flight bookings provided that the passengers must submit the original proof of identification for validation in order to process the correction.
If you want to Name Correction on Air Canada Airlines you can concern with our Airline Help Desk. Need Help you can call us our Airline Help Number +1-888-814-2373 or you can chat with our Travels Experts.