Are you know of Air Canada cancellation policy and how it offers you the most flexible and convenient cancellation so that you are as flexible as well as responsive with your travel? Well, now in this blog, you will be introduce to all the pre-conditions and restrictions that you should be aware of before you make any cancellation request.
What are the Cancellation rules in Air Canada?
You should know that the Air Canada cancellation policy is applicable on the refundable and non-refundable tickets of the king of fare and class of service you select. However, there are also other important points that you will need to consider before you decide to cancel a flight.
Mentioned below you will some important instructions that you need to know before making a flight cancellation:
- Firstly, you are not bound to make any cancellation fee payment if it is within 24 hours of purchase. By taking assistance from Air Canada’s cancellation policy, you can easily claim a full refund, but the scheduled departure date has to be 7 or more days when you make the cancellation.
- You also need to keep in mind that the airlines reserve the right of restricting the passengers from traveling if they must adhere to the government’s guidelines dues to any weather or other situations that may be beyond control.
- There are certain ticket fares that need to be purchased in advance. It is possible for the airline to cancel your reservation if a third-party travel agency fails to generate the ticket number following the advanced purchase requirement date.
- Now in case you fail to board the flight then the airline might forfeit the travel funds. Other than this the passengers will not be entitled to any refund if not specified.
- If you fail to complete the check-in up to 45 minutes before the scheduled departure, then you cannot board the flight.
- When it comes to international flights then you will need to complete the check-in up to 90 minutes before the departure of the flight. If you fail to comply with the check-in guidelines, then it could result in cancellation and forfeiture of the travel funds.
What is the process for canceling an Air Canada Booking?
In the following list, you will find the detailed workflow that you need to know when you cancel an Air Canada booking.
Cancel a booking online.
- You would need to begin by visiting https://www.aircanada.com/ and then just hit on the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- After that, you should insert the booking credentials to be able to access your flight reservation.
- And then you need to select the flight segment that you want to cancel.
- Now on the next displayed page, you will see the refund amount as well as the Air Canada flight cancellation fee that is associated with your booking.
- You must now confirm your selection at the checkout page.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email at your registered email address. You should then have the said refund credited to the original payment within 20 business days.
Cancellation of a flight via a phone number
- In a case where you hold a restricted fare, or you would like to cancel an individual booking where there is more than just one passenger then you should call the Air Canada flight cancellation phone number provided. NOTE: You must keep in mind that a cancellation fee might be applied for the same.
The cancellation of a flight at the airport.
- If you want you could even cancel your flight at the last minute right at the airline’s booking counter at the airport. However, you must note that according to the Air Canada cancellation policy, you will need to request a cancellation up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure for any international flights and 2 hours for domestic flights. But the cancellation fee could vary at the airport as additional surcharges might apply.
What are the ticket cancellations charges?
The ticket cancellation charges differ with the travel route as well as the class of services such as
Between Canada and USA – the economy latitude fares, premium economy, and business class – 250 USD. Then the economy standard fares economy flex fares, premium economy, comfort, and business class is – 225 USD.
Whereas the international travel cancellation fee depends on the itinerary and the fare type. Here all the cabin classes except for basic economy fare the cost is – 500 – 1000 USD.
So overall Air Canada has a very lenient cancellation policy and the procedure is very simple and easy. You even get the refund issue in the form of credit which can be use for alternative flights.
Answer:- You can easily cancel your booking online you just need to visit aircanada.com. And then go to the ‘My Trip’ section. After you should keep your six-digit booking reference as well as the last name handy. And then on the trip details, you can go ahead and cancel, upgrade, or change your travel date.
Answer:- YES, you can surely cancel your booking whether you buy a refundable or a nonrefundable fare. Even if it is an Air Canada’s domestic or an international flight or a basic economy, etc.
Answer:- Yes, but beyond 24 hours you will only be eligible for partial or no refund as it depends on the kind of fare that you have booked.
Answer:- According to the cancellation policy Air Canada will be the first to inform you after the flight is cancel. However, it will provide you with compensation in case the airline cancels the flights. In such cases, the passengers are either accommodate to another flight or given a refund.
Answer:- The cancellation policy covers all the norms related to ticket cancellation. It determines the various kinds of methods to cancel tickets. And the rules for any refund and mode of payment are also set as per the policy of Air Canada cancellation policy.
Well, we trust that you enjoy reading this post as well as you have all the information needed regarding Air Canada cancellation policy. Nevertheless, if you feel that you need further assistance for anything related then you are most welcome to contact the Airline Travels Agent available here 24/7.